so, today’s going to be a bit longer technical post, because there are some things I want to write about For the Record.
For one… the contributors. At this moment, I am not really sure how to thank you all, but I would like to do more, especially for all those people, who support For the Record using Patreon – and don’t think I don’t see you, I review the names list practically every week and I do know the largest contributors (Tugboat1964, Kkessu, alex78i, KvetoslavWot and many others) by nicknames.
The thing is… what can I actually do for you?
- platoon and company? Well, apart from me not being a good player in platoons (to put it mildly, I hate them), I consider that a waste of time I could be instead putting into FTR. But sure, I guess if anyone of you is interested.
- keep some news exclusive to subscribers? No. I hate that idea, I think everyone should get everything and that’s it.
- some competitions and whatnot? Well, there was recently the Panther competition, but I consider this a bit pointless as well, after all last time I did that (with my own money no less), several people got offended that I am using the money they donated to finance the prizes for other people. Not exactly a good thing.
Any other ideas? Let me know in comments, because this is something that bothers me. Which brings me to the second point: Panther competition. The winners should be recieving their DVD’s this week (at least the European ones) – if not, let me know, please. Sorry for the delay, there was just a lot on my plate, it’s kinda my fault, I apologize.
As for the rest, well, some of you ask me about my health state, it’s better thanks (ATM I am suffering only from the worst disease of all, man-flu – how terrible). It’s just that I did a lot of thinking lately about FTR again. I mean… I’ve been doing this for ages and I am tired, even though I slowed down a bit (you might notice that the historical articles were cut down a bit, the translations are still the same however, plus the leaks of course) – the notable example of this was the Hall of Shame and the development of anti-asshole mod, connected with it (it’s ready and deployed on Russian server as we speak, the EU version of it will be tied to next Hall of Shame, possibly next week).
On the other hand, it would by a damn shame to throw it all away. About a month ago, I practically ragequitted (if any Rita viewers watch this, you might remember my rant from the stream, I was pretty pissed at Wargaming for reasons that in the meanwhile seem to have remedied themselves, you’ll see), but ever since, I found a way to… let’s say re-purpose For the Record a bit. For now, everything’s as usual, with one small addition.
You know how I wanted to incorporate Armored Warfare news into FTR? Yea well… I can’t do that. The wot-news agreement with Wargaming prevents me. And so, there will be actually a SECOND FTR, this time with AW news. They are far in between anyway for now (as the game is not in beta yet) and reviving the old FTR (remember the blogspot one?) is simple enough. How connected will the two be – I don’t know yet, I’ll sit down and work on it this weekend I think. That’s the plan anyway, we’ll see how it goes.
In any case, sorry for the long post – now for the most important matter: once again it’s the time to thank the contributors, it’s you who keep FTR running after all! This time, following people donated via Paypal:
Robert G. (Michigan, USA)
Mark P. (United Kingdom)
Matthew H. (Australia)
Thank you, guys. I really appreciate it.
Now, for the Patreon cycle:
Out of the 577,29 USD pledged at the point of the cycle activation:
- 527,29 USD came in successfully (the rest didn’t go through for some reason on the contributor side, insufficient funds on account etc.)
- out of 527,29 USD, after the Patreon and CC fees and all that, 449,89 USD were left for FTR – much appreciated! The list of contributors can be viewed here. Once again, huge thanks for the support to all of you :)