yesterday, there was yet another WoT Blitz dedicated stream, this time with Viktor Kleschenko (lead WG mobile programmer), Pavel Kozlov (community manager), Aleksandra Martynovich (community manager) and Ilya Botyanovsky (game master). Maiorboltach from the LJ community provided transcription as usual. Here it is!
Keep in mind all the answers are related to WoT Blitz, not WoT.
- currently, all the effort of the developers is being directed into creating an Android version
- Android version will first come either for RU region only, or worldwide straight away
- Android version will have the settings split into pre-sets (low, medium, high), or every setting (details etc.) will be set separately, it’s not yet decided
- developers are aware of the issue that mobile devices overheat when playing Blitz, there will be a fix – it is dependent heavily on optimization (more optimization, less heat)
- there will be a voicechat in the game the way WoT Xbox has it, when it’s done it’s done
- there is no exact beta test date yet, game is still being developed
- colorblind mode will not come anytime soon, it should appear within half a year tho along with other features, improving the game comfort
- range to target indicator will likely be implemented, but only as an option. It was not implemented from the start because it made the screen look messy.
- there will be no user statistics showing how much gold shells he fired
- there will be an indicator in the game, showing whether the enemy is using gold or silver shells
- gold shells will be nerfed soon
- company mode will most likely come next year, CW map is still being considered. Currently, developers are discussing a new game mode, they hope it will become a trademark (feature) of the mobile version of WoT
- there will not be one server for the entire world
- Type 59 will come
- the ability to damage team mates will remain, because it is an integral part of gameplay, teamkillers will be banned as in WoT
- patch 1.3 will bring “quests” (missions) in a different form than they are in WoT
- crew perks will come after missions, it’s possible there will be Blitz-exclusive perks
- it will be possible to level up perks for free XP
- in next 1-2 patches, camo, inscriptions and emblems will appear
- first tier 10 was unlocked within 3 weeks from release
- the playable area on maps will be increased by 25 percent
- it is 95 percent probably there will be no arty in the game
- 5 prototypes of cruise control mechanism were made, all failed. Cruise control will not be in the game.
- in the game, every nation will have a common crew (SS: not sure I understand, but I think it means that there will be for example one Soviet crew usable for all Soviet tanks)
- the highlighting of weak armor zones will not be removed, it’s possible it will be made optional
- developers are actively working on tutorial, there will be new “lessons”
- a series of guides for Blitz will be made: “How to play correctly with LT/MT/HT/TD”