today, we have something interesting. As you probably know, I was not able to go to the Gamescom this year, but others did – in this case it was one player, who wished his nickname to remain anonymous, who met some of the developers and designers and asked some interesting questions. Of course, keep in mind that this is not a 100 percent info I can vouch for, but all of it seems kinda legit to me.
Here’s what he learned (the way he wrote it, I only corrected some typos):
- Japanese are most likely coming in 2013
- Chieftain and one more other T10 tank may come for the Brits.
- FV215B likely to be rebalanced
- FV4202 fate (after bovinton-measurements): the tank is alot worse than initially expected. The facts about the turret are correct (more armor + smaller hatch) but the rest is really a lot worse.
Challenger stated, it would fit as ~T8 medium in its historical characteristics. Replacement or final decision is to be announced.
- Skillbased matchmaking is (according to Viktor Kisly) not 100% off the table but very unlikely to finally appear.Depends on the players and their “global” opinion.
- Kisly himself does not take influence on the game development. He just gives information to the developers and let them decide.
- German 2nd TD line is (according to a designer) mostly non-turreted.
- The WT E100 TD will not have camo as advantage because of its size,armor won’t be an advantage either. But it will have some other advantage to make up for it.
- Garage battles are postponed to 2014 or even 2015, depending on internal factors and gameplay desicions. They might come as company battles first.
- tierspead change to +/- 1 tier battles will not appear for now because of game internal decisions
- historical battles may appear at the end of the year but not sure yet… most certainly next year.
- CW will get some sort of overhaul after the 2nd campaign this year (maybe roaming features? dunno)
- 30vs30 battles are planned and in develpoment at the moment (+ bigger maps). They are internally developed under the title WoT 2.0, as they will bring a massive spotting, firing-range, accuracy overhaul and some other gamechanging things with them. It is not yet decided on how this will infuence current mechanics and gameplay on the smaller maps we play on atm.
- The further plan of WG atm is to implement 100 vs 100 battles at one point. According to one developer this is technically already possible but needs further testing (+ additionally the trouble, same as in 30 vs 30 so far). He stated the generally possible arrival is 3-4 years away. The basic idea after this is to have 100 vs 100 battles in CW and companies at one point (which will lead to bigger clansizes and bigger maps, too). It is even considered that they may even appear for randoms.
- World of Warships is currently in internal testing mode. It will be really slow in terms of gameplay (battles will likely take longer than WoT battles), but alot faster than it would be in real life.
- WoWs will be on GC 2014 with a probability of 95% according to Kisly
- WoWs might one day feature submarines, depends on players input and the finalized gameplay.
- Total Annihilation is likely going to be a WG game in the future
- Supreme Commander (according to Chris Taylor) is not likely to appear again as it’s neither planned nor considered for now.