- Storm states that when it comes to Chinese, French and Japanese tank and their rework to HD, “they are of secondary concern”
- M4A3E8 in HD will not come either in 9.4 or in 9.5
- apparently, the M4A3E8 will be “made from scratch” by some new outsourcer and will not be based on the “Fury” HD model
- “there is no info” on the KV-5 variant, that allegedly had more armor on the infamous radioman miniturret
- Panzer V/IV will not be transferred to tier 5 (it is on Xbox)
- there are no plans to allow you to re-buy a premium tank you once already had and sold back for credits
- regarding the “microrelief” rework Storm announced – it concerns various terrain irregularities up to the height of half a meter (eg. the ones within the usual clearance)
- LTTB is two times lighter than AFK Panther “due to its dimensions”
- T49 will not get a second alternative 90mm gun
- Havok will work mostly on your CPU, not your videocard
- equal teams in random battles? “If you want equal teams, you can play team battles.”
- for now, there are no plans for more camo patterns
- Storm states that lags during peak times are normal, especially in the evening, the ISP channels are clogged
- gold shells will be investigated, but according to Storm, the chance of changes in gold shells is “20 percent at most”
- developers currently don’t see any issue with the amount of arties in battles
- Storm doesn’t consider a certain part of a map being occupied by unpasseble terrain to be a problem
- the upcoming accuracy nerf will happen in order to “reduce the combat distance and increase the role of armor in battle”
- 1,2 or 3 old perks will be removed during the great perk overhaul, according to Storm, these changes will not change the gameplay much, only a bit
- there is still a lot of time until Panzer IV Schmalturm gets reworked to HD
- Storm is aware of the bug where in sniper mode, a transluescent (near) bush starts to “blink”. It will be fixed.
Evilly, regarding the ingame missions and their ability to teach players to play properly (a player was complaining that they do not fulfill this function): “Yes, it’s like that. Missions do not fulfill the educational purpose, not all of them have it like that definitely …… we do attempt to reward skillful gameplay, but keep in mind that ‘skill’ is a loose idea. Winrate does not work, in two battles a player can lose one badly with 0 damage while carrying the team in the second one. There aren’t that many success criteria out there. In various missions, there are basic public or hidden anti-bot conditions. We are trying to put it like that together.”
- Evilly confirms that developers are trying to hand out less credits in missions than before
- Wargaming apparently cannot afford (in terms of their ingame economy) to let players choose a reward they want for missions, plus the ingame mechanism is not implemented yet. If it appears, WG will run experiments.
- there will be more “IS-6″ and “Super Pershing” missions in the future, without the tough conditions like “complete a quest 27 days out of 30″
- unique missions for random players will come in 9.5, they will be complicated. These will be rewarded by premium tanks.
- there is no plan to make missions for experienced players (by winrate) harder, developers will do something like that “using other means”
Evilly also mentions future plans of Wargaming:
- individual missions with unique tanks as rewards (unique emblems and crews will come later). These will be complicated, different from regular missions.
- targetted missions – missions targetted at various groups, such as newbies, people who left WoT to make them return
- events (SS: as in weekly, weekend “specials” and such) concept will be reworked: the ones with too many rewards will be reduced in order to return value to these events
- interface of missions will be fixed/reworked
- tokens: “get a token, pick a mission, buy a premium, get a token, activate mission” (SS: no idea what this is)
- Evilly confirms the existence of the Recruitment project. In the eyes of WG, there is however no difference between a newbie and a twink in this sense, will work for both apparently
- the amount of events (weekly, weekends etc.) will not be reduced, but their content will be handled (as written above)
- apparently, Object 260, T55A and other tanks (SS: T28 Concept as well apparently) will be obtainable by individual players through the “individual missions”
- individual inscriptions (players writing whatever they want on their tank) will not be implemented
The discussion was pretty long actually, I’d have to translate everything literally to make sense and even I don’t understand some of the sland used in there, so I’ll just leave it as it is. To sum it up: individual missions are coming, they will be complicated. Plus, newbies will be more educated by mission system in the future, for example by being told to do as much damage as they have hitpoints of their tanks.