I could have sworn I posted this before, but… well, no matter. Two very interesting videos appeared on US server – both by player 4TankersAndDog. In them, he compares the Gun Laying Drive with Stabilizer and Ventilation and decides, what is more effective. It’s actually pretty interesting, here’s thread one and thread two.
The videos are here:
His conclusions are:
- during all tank hull movement at various speeds and turret movement: VSTAB helps reduce the aiming circle by 20%, GLD helps absolutely ZERO.
- aim time when absolutely stationary: VSTAB helps 20%, GLD helps 10%, and this is the ONLY time the GLD has any serious benefit.
- aiming bloom caused by firing your canon: VSTAB helps 20%, GLD helps a tiny tiny bit (see the video).
- accuracy when dumping an auto-loader clip at a stationary target: VSTAB wins hands-down, and the GLD would be hindered even more by any relative target movement.
(additionally the video also looks at crew skill effecting aiming circle bloom and aim times, and yes it does in both cases, so booyeah to BIA/VENTS/COFFEE|COKE|FOOD)
- while the GLD helps stationary aiming by 10%, the combined improvements from Vents help aiming by about 5%, plus other skill benefits of 2.13%
For more info and discussion, check the threads, they are interesting.