A summary of (hopefully) correct statements of Falathi from the previous post:
- Japanese TDs are to be expected sooner than Chinese due to the latter ones being mostly Soviet clones (and WG doesn’t want more clones in the game), neither will come in 2015
- T-35 and Char 2C might appear, but in 2 years perspective
- we can expect a certain polish tank (TKS or 7TP) as a gift tank
- In Havok, if artillery uses AP round, it is possible to penetrate the wall and the tank behind the building, with a penetration loss
- In Havok, different round types (AP, HE) will have a different effect on the building. For example, it will be possible to destroy a wall and hide behind the rubble
- Type 59 might come back in a mission in 2-3 years, but the mission requirements would be hardcore.
- there was a bigger Ensk map, but big maps are huge problem for devs, because some tanks will be useless there eg Maus or TOG II
- On EU servers WG is not going to publish list of prohibited mods, so you can use them and not be banned. WG leave decision of using them or not using them to your conscience
- WG hasn’t got plans for LT on tiers 9 and 10
- Havok will appear in 2015, will work on a separate core
Answers from WG developers regarding the Stronkhold mode from “Let’s Battle” magazine (RU edition), thanks go to FTA VK community for transcript:
- there will be six Stronkhold mode consumables, divided into three groups: artillery and bomber raid, smokescreen and recon plane, minefields and bunkers
- artillery consumable starts firing 5-7 seconds after target designation with standard HE shells and using standard trajectories
- bomber air raid arrives after 20-30 seconds, the bombs count as HEAT shells with very high damage and penetration, falling directly from above
- smokescreen consumable completely obscures vision in an area (including spotting). The area size increases with the level of the consumable. It will work for 2-3 minutes and it will be usable 2-3 times per battle
- recon plane is a plane circling high above and scouting enemy tanks. It cannot be shot down and it sees everything.
- minefields will be invisible for enemies, your team will see them on minimap. With the increased minefield level comes increased amount of mines distributed.
- bunkers are basically tank turrets (ranging from KV-2 to E-100) on concrete pedestals. They shoot only HE shots but have a LOT of hitpoints and good viewrange. They can also track targets (shoot in front of it to compensate for its movement).
- last two (bunkers and minefields) are used by the team commander only within the 30 second countdown
- the others can be used by commander in battle, or – if commander dies – the next member of the team, that assumes the top team slot (first in the team list)
- you can select only one consumable from each group (SS: as in, either minefield or bunkers for example)
- consumables will be implemented in groups, first will be the artillery and the air raid
- there are plans to connect strongholds and clanwars
- after reaching a certain level of development, a clan will get the opportunity to buy various bonuses for credits, including unique tanks
- WG wants to allow the use of all the bonuses at the same time (XP, credit gain bonus etc.)
- confirmed: RU9 server from RU cluster was launched in Austria