Source: US forums thread (via Reddit)
I normally don’t steal forum posts, but this is something I wanted to do yesterday already. Kept it for today, because I didn’t have that much time, but it looks like someone did beat me to it. Enjoy!
There was a RU-stream today with veider (~1hr30mins) where questions regarding balance and future changes were answered. This is a transcript/translation from the Russian language. Expect lots of grammar mistakes. I’ll try to make it as short as possible. Doesn’t include troll questions and answers.
NERFS AND BUFFS
1. T57 Heavy and Foch155 will NOT be nerfed in the next patch (0.8.9) but they will be nerfed in patch 0.9.0.
2. KV-1S will not be nerfed in the nearest future, but devs are considering splitting it into two separate tanks (OP, probably KV-85 and KV-122).
2. A lot of tanks will be buffed in the next patch, but all of them are mid-tier. Don’t expect any T9-10 buffs.
2. Medium tier arty will get a slight buff.
3. VK 4502B may get a buff, but don’t expect that to happen anytime soon.
4. Tanks that will NOT get a buff: AMX 50B, AMX 13 75, T95, T43, Jagdtiger, JgTig 8.8 (regarding Tiger II chasis buff/nerf), KV-5, Maus.
5. Regarding IS-3 remodel, its armor won’t be worse. In fact it will probably be a bit better because of the angles. Also, the tank will be higher. The previous screenshot that you all saw is a work in progress.
1. 7/42 battles will be added later this year. There’s also a new tournament system being tested right now and Veider really likes it.
2. There will be some cool changes in the future, but don’t expect something as big as improved physics of 0.8.0 (OP, Havoc support, complete remodel of all tanks with much more polygons and better textures)
3. Bonuses for tanking (SS: the fact you stand there and soak up damage, eg. heavy tanks)
4. Devs do not like the current matchmaking (like 8TD’s in one team and 2 in the other) and we should expect some new tweaks and changes in the next patches.
5. Much more city maps incoming.
1. Object 430 will be added in the future and it will continue the latest USSR MT tree. Object 140 will not be removed from the game and will remain a T10 tank (OP, looks like we will have 3 Tier 10 USSR MTs in the game)
2. New light tanks: RU251 for Germany (~80km/h top speed), Walker Bulldog (will be somewhat a damage dealer) for USA. There’s still a decision to be made about USSR but right now they are considering a “paper” tank. It will have 3 wheels, with a turret that looks somewhat like the T-34-85′s and frontal armor plate which looks like the IS-4′s, but with 90mm armor. Expect more info soon.
LITTLE BIT OF THIS, LITTLE BIT OF THAT
1. There were changes in the mapmaking process and team so maps will be more balanced.
2. Reworked “old” maps were made by this team.
3. Veider dislikes Redshire in its current form. He wants it completely remade.
4. Veider thinks that Foch155 is a bit imbalanced
Q: Why did you change the Super Pershing?
A: it had a huge mistake in its collision model and “had something that it wasn’t meant to have.”
Q: Why was the T-50-2 removed?
A: Its role was way too different than what it had in real life. Besides, it was pretty imbalanced. So it was either change it for another tank or nerf it REALLY hard.
Q: You’re such a fans of “historically accurate” tanks. Do you plan to make IS-7 historically correct?
A: No. If we do this, we will have to move him up to Tier 12 or higher.
Q: Do you think that E-25 is imbalanced?
A: Statistics say otherwise. Easy to learn, hard to master.
Q: When can we expect to see garage battles?
A: Probably never. We do not think it’s a good idea.
Q: Another history question. How historically accurate is the IS-4?
A: Not very much because we gave it a new gun. It had only D25-T IRL.
Q: Why did you even release E-series paper tanks with paper engines only to remove them?
A: People change, audiences change, market change, new competitors.
Q: Competitors? Afraid of WarThunder?
A: Yes. But competition is always a good thing.
Q: Why do you sell T-34-3 and 112 only via web-store and do you plan to sell all of the other premium tanks via web-store as well?
A: No. We won’t change anything regarding current and future premium tanks. Selling Chinese premium tanks via web-store only is just a test.
Q: World of Warplanes or WarThunder?
A: I played both of them and liked them both. WoWP is easier to learn.
Q: You nerf and buff tanks according to the winrate of those tanks. Has something changed?
A: A lot. Now we also consider the number of battles, average experience, current tendencies and opinion of the community. That’s why we nerfed the T57 Heavy and Foch 155 in the first place, even when they don’t have the winrate ratio necessitating a nerf.
Q: Why did you nerf arties and buff TDs?
A: Almost every tournament game was heavily dependent on arties. We tried to shift this tendency a bit and we kind of succeeded. TDs were not used in tournament games so we buffed them to be more usable.
Q: Do you plan to nerf TDs to their previous state? With arty nerf there’s lots of TDs in matchmaking.
A: We’re currently investigating this situation but it’s too soon to tell because not much time has passed since the arty nerfs.
Q: T95 needs a buff!
A: No. The T95 is an awesome tank with unique play style. The only bad thing about it is its weak engine.
Q: So about that new German TD tree. Those TDs have almost no armor, are slow, but have very powerful guns. Is this statement correct?
A: Hmmm… Yes.