what follows is the account of model changes I’ve been able to discover in patch 9.0. Unusually, we’ll start with the Americans. You see, American vehicles recieved somethig graphic overhaul. This was not supposed to happen until later actually, as it is generally connected with the coming of the US light tank tier 8. Let’s have a look at it. Oh yea, and nevermind the different color, that’s due to the new shader system being used – just ignore that and focus on the shapes.
Also note that unlike usually, in order to save traffic, the images are hosted at imgur and in order to make one larger, you have to rightclick it and select “view image”.
Chaffee – stock turret visual model change (the lighter one is the new one obviously)
Chaffee elite turret change is much more visible. As you can see, the old “ugly” turret got removed. This is because the old turret did not belong to the Chaffee and was not really an “M24″ turret, it was the T37 turret, belonging to the T37 light tank, which was a successor to Chaffee. When the US light line comes, T37 will most likely be a tier 6 tank, so they are “saving” the turret for it this way.
And here the armor setup. Notice that the new M24 (elite) turret in 9.0 is bugged, the mantlet is not where it’s supposed to be.
M5 Stuart changed as well, the M5 turret becoming historically smaller
And here is the top turret change, which is again much more visible. The Stuart lost its open turret and now actually has a historical closed turret. It is also worth noting that the 75mm howitzer cannot fit the closed turret (there is a reason this turret was open) and is scheduled to be removed from this vehicle, when the American rebalance comes.
- WZ120: completely insignificant change, fixing a millimeter-sized bug on driver’s visor, not even worth taking screenshot
- ARL39: textured reworked to new shader system, otherwise nothing
- apparently, French AMX 105 AM Mle47 now has a turret (the gun looks a bit different) – odd
- Panzerjäger I’s armor got fixed in 9.0 and its visual appearance changed a bit as well
- Panzer I became slightly narrower
- Sturmpanzer I got kinda smaller
- Hummel got a bit smaller and its armor more detailed
- M6A2E1 gun got a bit longer
Additionally, a lot of models had their textures changed from “old” to “new” (those bleak ones, used for the new shader system), in game it of course looks better than in the viewer :)