If WW1 history is your thing, check out this site. It’s interesting to put it mildly.
Also, wondering about the effects of gun-laying versus stabilizer? Which one is better? There’s an interesting summary on US forums – check it out.
- Maus in the game has the armor it had in real life (WG measured the real vehicle)
- apparently, IS-7 armor is historical (SS: some players claim otherwise, Storm disagrees)
- Storm states that the mod that displays what type of shell penetrated you and by whom will be dealt with by reducing the amount of data about the shot, that reaches the client
- yesterday, Storm stated that the new Bigworld version is the reason for the delay of render range being reworked to a circle. Now he adds that the new motion physics were reworked for the same reason – the first thing WG wants to do is to integrate new BW and after that comes everything else. Otherwise they’d be buried under an avalanche of bugs.
- developers are working on Havok, but Storm states that unfortunately, Havok is delayed by the performance drops it causes. They are working on it.
- as a reaction to argument that mobile heavy tanks are fine and that IS-7 mobility is nerfed and Object 260′s is not (and that IS-7 should thus be buffed to historical values), Storm replies that the difference between the two is that Object 260 can be penetrated even in the middle part of the turret
- the HESH mechanics rework doesn’t look too well, Storm states that he does not know how to implement it without making it either imbalanced or completely useless
- Storm states that the main arguments against gold ammo damage nerf is a) loss of profit b) making the game less fun (“making it percieved worse”) by a “certain part of targetted audience”.
- introducing more shell types or complicated shell mechanics is not an option, as it would make the game incomprehensible for most players, who are “common, normal people, many, many of those are not gamers”
- Storm explains why he is against hiding player statistics (including noobmeter etc.): “If the player hides his statistics, it means he’s either a tomato (and he’s ashamed) or an unicum (and doesn’t want to be targetted as first). And that means that this guy would be mocked by various means: by chat, shooting, pushing, blocking etc. And that’s just one of the negative moments of statistics hiding.”
- Storm states that it’s possible to theoretically implement “statistics hiding” by the method of hiding player nickname in battle (the player would only be displayed as “Player X”, with his full name displayed only after the battle). This option will be discussed by developers.
- Storm states that the three caliber rule was introduced for the light tanks to be penetrated by big shells
- the damage eaten by tracks (permadetrack during sidescraping) counting as blocked damage will not be returned