Here’s a VERY interesting article about American military… thanks to FaustianQ for this one. Sort of depressing.
Also, having technical issues in 9.5? Here’s a WG guide of what you might check. Why this isn’t on the first page of the EU portal, I have no idea.
- in 9.5, the gun marks (rings) were not touched
- the current Russian peak (last weekend, compared to January’s 1,1 mil) is apparently 850k
- skill MM (“leagues”) was discussed and analyzed “more than once”, the conclusion was that it would not bring the incentive to play better
- Q: “Implement skill MM and see its results in praxis!” A: “Deal player, you can create your own online game and run experiments on live servers as much as you like!”
- claims that skill MM would improve gameplay “are not based on reality”
- the rumor that Havok was scrapped is false
- regarding longer tutorial, developers state that in real life, the longer the training, the fewer players finish it. According to developers, there is this strange idea amongst the good players that they were good from the start. Generally, developers will further consider the issue of better tutorial, but making it long is not an option.
- regarding the players skipping tutorial, a WG developer states that he met adult players on meetings who ignored the tutorial altogether, play up to tier 9 and don’t even know what’s aiming and that they should fire only once the aim circle gets smaller
- apparently, some players on Russian server found their significant others through WoT, including at least one wedding
- both Karl and the Chaffee racing were extremely popular modes
- on RU server, the winter mode will last only 10 days. This is intentional “not to make the holiday mood too common” (SS: they’ll prolong it, you’ll see)
- the winter mode tanks will use crews “analogical to regular tanks” – after the mode is over, the crews will be moved to barracks. If the barracks are full, the crews will be saved in “buffer slots” and moved to regular barracks slots when the crew space becomes available (like with Chaffee)
- the option to remove the Winter Mode tanks from hangar before the event is over will not be implemented
- more copycat maps (as in Ruinberg, Winterberg) will not come anytime soon
- developers are constantly working on client optimization, introducing fun modes does not influence this task
- after the winter mode is over, the crews will be retrained to “analogical regular tanks” (SS: that means Mammoth to T110E5, that TD whatsitsname to Foch 155 and the LT crew to LTTB)
- there are no plans at this moment to give Panther 88 limited MM
- Panther 88 will appear in ingame shop in 9.6