as you probably noticed, 7/42 companies are coming to World of Tanks as predicted in patch 8.9. For details, check the linked post, but I think that the really interesting part is the – so much desired – skill MM.
What is not mentioned however is that the 7/42 mode will run on following maps: Lakesville, Abbey, Prokhorovka, Mines, Ruinberg, Steppes, Himmelsdorf , Ensk and Cliff. The mode of these maps will be only standard for now (no assaults or encounters). As for XP and credit gains, it will work just like in random for now (eg. no company bonuses).
Furthermore, in 8.9 a new “North-West” American coal-mine-themed map will come and the Erlenberg map will get an Encounter mode.
- Storm states in comments that the 7/42 companies will be recruited both manually and automatically – the commander of the company will be able to assign a part of the company slots manually, the rest gets filled automatically. A player can either enter manually in such a team (SS: like in current companies), or simply be assigned automatically.
- both teams will be balanced based on their members’ skill
- skill will NOT be rated based on the new WG “personal rating”, but on separate (hidden and secret) “cybersports rating”, based only on this type of battle mode
- it’s possible that regular companies will too get automatic player search
- there will be separate statistic page in the Achievements tab for 7/42 stats only
- it will be possible to actually appoint a commander, commanders will also get some sort of commander rating
- you will be able to use the same crews as for random battles
- Q: “7/42 companies are reaction on competition” A: “Don’t write bullshit”
- 8.9 test will come soon
- the 7/42 companies will be possible to enter via updated battle selection button