you know what I hate? When you have something you get used to and it takes you a while, but then someone comes and screws it up and you have to undergo the entire “debugging” process once again. That was probably one of the reasons for my ragepost from yesterday, because something that worked for over a year suddenly got screwed. Personally, I was perfectly happy with WoT graphics before 9.0 and I think any upgrades in this department should be purely optional. Either way, the FPS dropped for me heavily.
Basically, I did want the graphics to be at least the same as they were before 9.0. Settings I used before 9.0:
- improved render, 1440*900, anti-aliasing on
- tank texture quality: high
- terrain quality: high or medium (can’t remember)
- lighting, post-processing: medium
- shadows: off
- things like trees, vegetation and other such effects turned off or low
From last night, I made following changes:
- tank texture quality: from high to medium
- terrain quality: medium
- lighting, post-processing: low
The rest remained the same (either low or off).
In the last post, I wrote that on 8.11 settings, my FPS was 30-50, while in 9.0, using the settings same settings, it dropped to 10-15 FPS, for no reason. At this point, I would like to thank you for the feedback and all the helpful advice you wrote me, there were tons of e-mails with various tips.